The Verdict ! Will the 22mm pipe increase the hot taps flow?

Taking a wild guess is all you are capable of :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is that your best answer :LOL:

Go on clever Dick tell the OP how much more water will come out of the tap. You are recommending he spends a few hundred quid after all.

Sponsored Links
For those who are interested, the verdict :)

The kitchen mono tap type, might be too much information here ;)

The cylinder storage tank is on the ground floor level with the CWST on the bungalow ceiling level giving me 1.8m head of water therefore 1.8 bar / 2.61psi, from the cylinder there's 22mm copper pipe, 2 elbows, 4m run then 15mm 5m run with 3 elbows to kitchen tap, the flexible pipe to the tap dia was approximately 3mm internal dia. I have no idea the minimum bar pressure on this tap as it's old however the water flow rate was at 1 litre per 29 secs. I was renovating the bathroom and this was the time to do it so I changed the pipe work all to 22mm with a much shorter run approximately 4m run with 3 elbows right up to the flexible tap and this was giving me a flow rate of 27 secs per litre, so nothing in it :!: I then put in a new CSWT a coffin type being the smallest minimum height tank I could find so I can take it up the highest I could go, this was now giving me 2.8m head of water therefore .28 bar / 4.06 psi. Bought another kitchen mono tap, I alway liked the Grohe tap and this year they have design a low pressure kitchen tap for the first time with a minimum bar of .4 bar / 9 litres flow rate with 6mm internal dia. I took a gamble on my .28 bar and now it's 14 secs per litre, now a double flow rate :!: As been said previously check the the tap minimum bar and also look at the flow rate per litre, do this first before changing any pipework. Have also changed the bathroom basin mixer tap to Grohe with a minimum 0.1 bar / 3 litres flow rate, a big difference now it's 9 secs per litre! I know I could get a difference make with 0.5 bar kitchen tap for more flow rate but I'm happy with it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back