My Bathroom Project

It hasn't been proved that a combi is cheaper on water bills than a bs1566 dhw cylinder. It has been proved that combis stop functioning more frequently.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, one carelessly worded post and WW3 breaks out.

Let me start by saying sorry for overreacting with my last post. It wasn't justified. I should have thought twice before posting it. I should have gone to bed earlier.

However I was at that stage the only one replying to the OP's question and, having given him two clear replies, he appeared to continue to query the advice given, hence my little outburst.

Sometimes I think we take these slights (imagined or real) too seriously. We all know how easily the spirit of a post is misinterpreted. So let's not get too worked up when someone appears to go OTT.

What the heck I thought you got it right. Why should you treat people with kid gloves, it's bad enough having to pussy foot around them in the job why should we when we're offering advice for free.

I went out to fix a pensioners leak yesterday because she had to have her water off otherwise. Only charged her normal call out, she thanked me by questioning my every move whole time. I suppose I'm too nice to these people, many of the guys I see in the merchants would have walked out and left her without water.

Well, there is that aspect too. We spend all day being polite to our customers, even when they're getting on our tits (can I say that? - apparently not!), so this forum is sometimes a chance to let off a little steam. It's the price the questioners must pay for getting free advice.

Sponsored Links
WW3, certainly not. My reply was not aimed at any one person, so I am possibly guilty of posting first and thinking after.

It is very frustrating when you get a post and try as you will, it is near impossible to gain enough info to help with the problem.

I went out to fix a pensioners leak yesterday because she had to have her water off otherwise. Only charged her normal call out, she thanked me by questioning my every move whole time. I suppose I'm too nice to these people, many of the guys I see in the merchants would have walked out and left her without water.

I think the Press has to assume a great deal of the blame for this situation, as the amount of publicity given to Cowboy's in in various trades, sadly paints every one with the same brush. Maybe they should counter the balance and make a program about Tradesmen from Heaven. Not likely, not good TV is it. Who wants to know about a person who does something correctly.

If anyone took my comments personally, please don't, they were said as a generalization and not aimed at any one person.

Salem

To repeat the answer to your question, the limiting factor of the hot water flow into your bath is the combi. Changing the 22mm bath pipe to 15mm will not reduce the flow. It will however ensure that the hot water appears at the tap quicker and that you waste less energy.

Thanks again everyone for clearing up my problem. I kinda guessed it would be ok, but just wanted to make sure.

Just gotta sort my waste issues out now.

(sorry chrishut if I seemed ungrateful, it wasnt ment to be that way, just the 10mm anwser lost me slighty)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back