Slow Running Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently changed some pipework in our kitchen. Whilst I turned the water off at the mains I neglected to drain the boiler (schoolboy error!), thus quite a lot of water was lost (presumably from the boiler) before I managed to stem the flow. The replacement pipework is all Ok, there are no leaks and I have refilled the boiler to between 1.25 and 1.5 bar as recommended and have bled all the radiators. However the hot water is still running extremely slowly. There doesn't appear to be any problem with the waterflow on the cold. Is there some sort of pressure tank within the boiler (Alpha CB24 3yrs old) that needs 'topping-up'. I have looked at the schematics for the boiler and in all honesty can't make head nor tail of it! Is this something simple that I could resolve myself (with alittle help from the experts) or would it be best left to a boiler engineer? All information on this boiler can be found at http://www.alpha-boilers.com/index.asp?wpid=74&backpointwpid=[/url]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back