Slow trickle from cold taps in bathroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Turned the gate valve off from the cold supply in loft yesterday to replace toilet siphon. Back on again after a couple of hours, the cistern filled up nicely but cold bath and basin taps in separate room are only trickling. I've checked the tank for obstructions, turned the gate valve on/off, covered my hand over the taps for a minute and left them running for ages but no improvement. I've ruled out the gate valve because of the normal flow to cistern but let me know if I'm wrong. Never been a problem before so I wouldn't have thought it was a build up. Air lock?? I saw in a previous post the mention of 'wet vac' but didn't explain too well. I'm a carpet cleaner - should I stick the hose nozzle over the outlet in tank and suck it out or is there something easier I could try first?
Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
i stick the wet vac hose over the tap and suck it through.

you could check the gate valve as these are prone to jamming or snapping the spindle.

Could very well be gate valve broken/jammed only partialy open.

Don't forget the ball vale jet is only a couple of mm.

Try the vac first as it could be air as the pipe emptied when
turned off.

Sponsored Links
The wet vac hose to the tap worked a treat! Literally took a second to clear what I presume was an airlock. Many thanks for your help and comments. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back