Small Diameter 4-Terminal Junction Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hole that a pendant lamp holder will fit through.

There is a three core and earth coming in (L, SL , N & E) and a twin and earth going out (SL, N & E).

if I have to, I would make it bigger, but I'd rather not.

Is there such a thing as a JB that would fit?

Quickwire would be ideal but AFAICT, they don't make any suitable for 3C.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered using a small bit of connector block 'lengthwise' in a very small enclosure of some sort? I have been known to do similar using a single surface architrave pattress box and blank plate, but I'm sure one could find, or improvise, other usable 'enclosures'.

Do I take it that you are regarding this proposed JB as 'accessible' (through the hole)?

Kind Regards, John

Yes, it's accessible, but you'd have to drop the light fitting.

Sponsored Links
I have a hole that a pendant lamp holder will fit through.

There is a three core and earth coming in (L, SL , N & E) and a twin and earth going out (SL, N & E).

if I have to, I would make it bigger, but I'd rather not.

Quickwire would be ideal but AFAICT, they don't make any suitable for 3C.

Cheers.
I've seen some weather resistant joints whic are a stuffing gland each end and space in the middle for joints.
EDIT: https://cpc.farnell.com/teetube/ttk20bk-sd-pos/teetube-ip68-3-pole/dp/PL11688

How about choc bloc and heatshrink with several tywraps

Last edited:
I'd imagine it would be better to use the 5 pole version than the 3 pole version.

https://cpc.farnell.com/teetube/ttk.../PL11372?st=in-line cable joint, ip68, 4 pole

Teetube do have some products that are actually designed for three cables, but they are bulkier and I don't think fitting two lighting sized cables through the same gland would be too much of a problem in practice (i'm assuming you don't need the joint to be waterproof).

I've seen some weather resistant joints whic are a stuffing gland each end and space in the middle for joints .... How about choc bloc and heatshrink with several tywraps
That sounds like a similar, but perhaps somewhat less 'sophisticated', version of what I suggested ...
Have you considered using a small bit of connector block 'lengthwise' in a very small enclosure of some sort? I have been known to do similar using a single surface architrave pattress box and blank plate, but I'm sure one could find, or improvise, other usable 'enclosures'.

Kind Regards, John

I used to make them myself, 2 glands, 2 adapters and 100mm of conduit, Ega weld together and use thru crimps inside, fixed with 2 Terry clips, too join flex to prewired lights, nowadays theres more of a range of small pvc boxes.
As for the ops post , Ideal Insure do a box that goes through a 50 mm hole or a Hagar J801 which is a bit bigger

https://www.screwfix.com/p/ideal-in...094ipt9m9OW2b9vUv2caAtCTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cheers, fellas.

Click Flow is 50mm too. looks like I need to make the hole a tad bigger.

I used to make them myself, 2 glands, 2 adapters and 100mm of conduit, Ega weld together and use thru crimps inside, fixed with 2 Terry clips, too join flex to prewired lights, nowadays theres more of a range of small pvc boxes.
As for the ops post , Ideal Insure do a box that goes through a 50 mm hole or a Hagar J801 which is a bit bigger

https://www.screwfix.com/p/ideal-in...094ipt9m9OW2b9vUv2caAtCTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

why do screwfix always sell things like this in multi packs? for most people being able to buy singles is much simpler

Access denied for some reason....can't get on their website for love nor money, whatever I try. I've used a PC a lappy and a smartphone and several different browsers.
No go.

why do screwfix always sell things like this in multi packs? for most people being able to buy singles is much simpler
Yeah, I've found that problem with a few retailers. I guess when you're in the trade (as I used to be), multi-packs are not an issue as you're bound to use them up.
I used to buy accessories by the 20 or 50 as I'd get a much better price than singles or even 10s.

Access denied for some reason....can't get on their website for love nor money, whatever I try. I've used a PC a lappy and a smartphone and several different browsers.
No go.
Do you mean screwfix, apparently there launching a new improved website soon, so you may be ok then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back