Small kitchen - Maximin space with corner sink, help needed

X

xeres

Hi all

So, I have a very small kitchen in my small London flat and am looking to maximise all the space available. Due to impossibilities in the layout, the only practical space to put the sink is in the corner. The question I wish to ask, is that I don't want to lose all that valuable space underneath it. Notably, I want to be able to have pull out cupboards.

I have attached a jpeg of how I intend this to work.

I'm planning on buying this sink:

http://www.appliance-world.co.uk/As...WH_Sink.html?gclid=CIrWtPzCpbcCFXHLtAod8GMAxQ

...and thinking of mounting it such that the drainer side is in the corner. The sink bowl can fit in as small a space as a 450 cabinet (I intend to use a 500).

I'm thinking to install a 900/1000 base unit perpendicular (horizontal) such that I could retain the space in this cupboard.

My question: Is this possible? I assume so considering the drainer will not recess so low into the cabinet.

Any of your thoughts and recommendations would be welcome on this.

Sponsored Links
Is that a timber worktop?, laminate top do not join like that.

You know more than me at this stage, I intend to get a fitter to do the worktops although it will be worth mentioning that we will likely be going with wood, not laminate.

The join is an interesting point actually. I understand that if that particular join is used, the join on the worktop will be recessed (female?) on the left hand side which could cause problems for the sinks fitment - would I be right?

The other question relates to the base unit beneath the corner running horiontally rather than vertically (as it is viewed from above). Is this possible?

Thanks

Timber tops are butt jointed, but consider separate sink and drainer as they allow more flexibility in design.

Sponsored Links
Hi there

Thanks for the feedback. I did consider doing separates but this is preferred.

I'm still wondering though whether the arrangement of having the 1000 unit perpendicular to the kitchen sink and the sink straddling the two units. Is this doable?

Thanks

Would depend on the sink layout and pipe access.Most things are possible, but not always sensible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back