Small Living Room Makeover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I'm new on here and specifically joined to get some advice for future projects. I'm currently in the planning and budgeting phase to get my living room/bedroom renovated this year. I live in a small studio apartment, so the bedroom and living room are essentially in one room.

The room size is roughly 16 foot square. I would like the carpet to be changed, the walls painted and repaired if needed. The skirting, dado rail and window ledge/shelf painted. New lighting fixtures installed. Shelving put up. Curtains installed on two main windows and a curtain for the front door also. Internal doors replaced including fixtures and handles.

I could possibly do the painting myself but would need help with everything else but depends on how much someone would charge to get everything done. My questions really is, do I get an individual people in to just do the things I can't like replacing the carpet, curtain installation, etc.. or do I just get someone in to do the whole lot in one go? Who would I be looking for on Checkatrade to carry out something like this? As in doing the whole room?

Many thanks

Jo

Sponsored Links
Avoid checkatrade and those types of websites at all costs, look to friends or family or work colleagues for reliable tradesmen to use, also try local Facebook groups for recommendations. You could probably get a handyman to do the lot if they were good at joinery, except the carpet fitting which needs to be done by a carpet fitter. Otherwise you'll need a joiner to do all the woodwork, a handyman to put your curtains up and if you can wield a paintbrush I'd suggest you DIY the wall filling, check out the decorating section of the forum. As for prices you'll have to see, a joiner will be considerably more than a handyman but how many handymen can do neat joinery? A handyman should be able to do light fittings but you'll need an electrician if you want new wiring installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back