Smaller Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm about to fit a radiator and the nearest size I could get is about 80mm shorter. I've seen various ways of overcoming this problem but was wondering which one is the most effective. One of the things I've seen is a compression fitting that screws into the rad allowing you to use a piece of chrome pipe to go from the rad to the compression fitting on the TRV, does anyone know what its called?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
rad extensions...i think off top of my head in 10mm 20mm 50 mm ? and they can joined..
u have to decide if it looks ok or not

there is a telescopic valve tail capable of extending between 28-54mm made by Oyster, buy from B+Q, sold as a pair. they do work, I am using them.

i've seen them...even got some in the van...never fitted them

they just dont seem........long lasting ?

Sponsored Links
They can leak too, even on vented (non pressurised) systems. Some I got from Screwfix were made by somebody reputable so might be OK.

These
7509x.gif

are handy if you would find an extra drain pont useful

get 2 x 40mm radiator extensions [solid non telescopic]
plumb ctr stock them,get a roll of ptfe tape as well.
fit one on the left and one on the right side,looks ok when done.

see below

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back