Smallest check valve that can be fitted between 1/2'" connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower mixer that is connected to the hot and cold supply which are both 1/2" male fittings by way of flexi-hoses. Hopefully this explains better that I can:

Problem being is that when it is left open it allows the hot and cold to mix. I therefore want to add a check valve to the hot supply. Is there a very compact 1/2"Female-to-1/2"Male valve that I can put between the existing connectors? Obviously it needs to be as small as possible to allow the casing to be mounted back on the wall when connected.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have mains cold and cylinder fed hot water? Mixer showers should be fed from balanced H&C supplies to avoid this very issue. Most showers have integral NRV's these days.

Sponsored Links
yes, thats correct - standard cold supply and hot from the boiler. i think the mixer itself is just missing any kind of check valve. not an issue as long as we turn off both handles after using the shower, otherwise the hot tap can be a bit cooler than usual :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back