Smart Burglar Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to get a new alarm for my home, I have lots of smart tech in the house so my ideal alarm would be one that supported Apple Homekit for integration reasons but from looking around there don't seem to be any professional grade ones available and I'm not interested in the DIY app based ones from companies like Yale

What are the best options for app enabled alarms, ones that can be armed and disarmed via an app? I've taken a look on the SSAIB and the NSI website for approved installers however none of the companies listed on there in my local area give any details on the actual equipment they install and before I start asking for quotes I would like to know more details about the actual options available and the limitations they all have.

I'm not a big fan of wireless systems as this is a security product I would rather it was all hardwired with battery backups but wireless sensors may be needed in places.

Does any one have any recommendations on the best options available?

Sponsored Links
Texecom,pyronix, risco seem to be the post popular ...other systems are available ...

Sponsored Links
Texecom and Pyronix anyone can buy and each have their own Merits not sure there is an integration option for google home though.

Not played with the Alexa integration for Texecom connect properly as not had the time and this is on trial.
The biggest issue is Alexa recognising the commands but that's the same with everything Alexa to be fair.

Certainly better off with hardwired if possible.

If going wireless in certain areas, a site survey is probably advisable especially its a large property.

Wireless frequency hopping is available on Pyronix and Orisec, Orisec do have wireless repeaters but Texecom have Ricochet mesh technology.

Risco do wireless, but there repeaters did only work on there one way wireless devices last time I checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back