Smart Doorbells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, don't know if this is the right section but here goes. I've been looking at smart doorbells and what I have found to date is, the Nest is a faff to install and the Ring Pro is easier because it has its own plug in chime and easy to run off a 24Vac adaptor but there seems to be more than a few who have problems with Ring. At over £200 for a doorbell you would want a good reliable system so, is there anything out there that costs less and seems just as good? Is it a case of keeping ones cash in ones pocket because all they do over and above a bog standard doorbell is give you a video and sound that can be used over your phone etc. Are they worth the cost?

Sponsored Links
the biggest issue for my customers is subscription charges, all those using cloud storage charge.

The Ezviz DB1(ezviz is a Hikvision company) is my current doorbell, its wired to a mechanical chime and is 3MP and there is enough light for full colour even at night,

unlike the WB6403 by Hikvision and that doorbell doesnt like the wet weather.

I don't like the fisheye view on the EZVIZ and I have given a lot of feedback on that doorbell to HIK, likes and dislikes.
Unfortunately the EZVIZ doorbell doesn't do onvif and as a result cant be used on any NVR, will work with some HIK units.

Having one connected to the normal door bell, is a good thing but when your away the doorbell video call there is a delay this seems to vary between devices and times, but was able to speak to afew people that was on my doorstep with good audio.

Thanks for the reply SecureIam, thats muddied the water a tad more re doorbells!!!!

Sponsored Links
I'd be more tempted in invesing in a CCTV camera by the door and setting motion alerts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back