Smart TV

Sponsored Links
And is the legal?

Is exceeding the speed limit in a car legal? Have you ever done it?

9EE9F1CF-2007-4896-9935-E2801E794B71.gif

Have you ever heard of anyone being prosecuted for using a firestick to watch anything that doesn’t come pre-loaded on it?

I thought the whole idea of a Firestick was so that Brits could watch BBC anywhere in the world

I thought the whole idea of a Firestick was so that Brits could watch BBC anywhere in the world
BBC is geo locked to the U.K. and you shouldn’t be able to watch it outside the U.K. as you will be streaming it through a 'foreign' internet provider. However, if you are in say, Spain, and run a VPN that tells it you are in the UK, there's no problem.

Sponsored Links
How come? We used to get all the U.K. channels by satellite (Freesat?) when we had the villa in Spain but the 'footprint' covered by the satellite was forever shrinking/getting weaker and I think the last dish I had installed had to be about 1.8m as a 1.2m dish wasn’t cutting it anymore. We were in Costa Blanca region and I know other areas had lost it completely. I think we lost Channel 5 but that was no big deal.

I don't know how come. I have two Firesticks, they both have different software but, they both work here. And, I take one with me if I go somewhere else, connect it to the wifi and it just works.

What’s a firestick? - is this a thread about Bear Grylls

I don't know how come. I have two Firesticks, they both have different software but, they both work here. And, I take one with me if I go somewhere else, connect it to the wifi and it just works.
Strange. I’ve just set my firestick VPN for Spain…..and I can watch iPlayer! Things must have changed?

Sponsored Links
Back