Sky or Virgin Media

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after a little info and to see what other TV / Broadband / Phone packages people have

My parents have recently moved back to the UK and are now looking round for their media packages.

I have Sky myself with phone line and unlimited calls. Virgin do a very similar offer

My parents want the basic TV package with Sky sports, Basic Broadband and a decent phone package.

I have heard some bad stories about both providers, so which provider do people here have and what sort of prices are you paying etc?

They are not interested in HD by the way :confused:

Sponsored Links
Virgin always seem competitive vs Sky.

Sky has a lot more channels. But Virgin is cheaper.

With Sky you can spec which channels you actually want and dont, whereas with Virgin its M, L, XL, XXL.

Virgin is best for broadband - its a cable connection as opposed to a phone line. Fiber will always win over a pair of copper wires. They can do 50 meg in most areas now, currently trialling 100 meg i believe. :eek:

I think if you have Virgin for one service, you have to take all 3. Not sure though.

If we could get Virgin, we'd have it. £30 a month all-in.

Better than £50 for Sky, £20 for BT, £10 for O2 BB etc.

WRT HD, I had a look at Virgin's website a week ago, and it appeared that they charge no extra/month for HD. It also looked like you could only take the HD box. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. See their website for details. They allow you to spec up a package online, as do Sky.

Ive browsed their sites and can see pro's and cons for each one. I pay my line rental to sky instead of BT which is £9 a month cheaper.

They dont really need a fast broadband as they only use the net to just check emails etc

Got a leaflet here from Virgin saying £28 per month for all 3, yet Sky do the same for the same price.

I'll give each one a ring tomorrow and play them off each other, see who wants the business the most :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back