Broadband/Phone line deals?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking for advice on good phone/internet deals. I am currently with sky and am paying:
Broadband: £17 (best offer avail).
Phoneline: £12.25

After a 20min phone conversation they finally agreed to put the price down to £12.50 for broadband for 6 months (as they could see i was serious about cancelling if no reduction was offered).

Note that my property is unable to receive Virgin (which is a big pain), and the sky 'connect' package is the best they can offer me, as 'i'm not with the local exchange' (or something).

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All depends what speed your after and what speed they can supply. Sky always quote "Up To" speeds. They were touting for business round our way a few months ago and offered me "Up To" 20mb. (I'm with Virgin on 10mb (average speed 9.8mb)) . I asked the chap what speed I could reasonably expect in my area if I swapped to Sky, and it came out at a measly 2.5mb at most (but I'd have to pay for up to 20mb to receive they're no download limit internet.
As I play a few MMORPG games online, speed is fairly important (less of the dreaded lag). ;) ;)

Talk Talk.

They get a bit of bad press but i think it all depends where you live.

I get at least 9Mb and have never had any issues.

However my Dad had an issue with them overcharging him.

Its a lottery i think.

i am with talk talk unlimited phone including 0845 100 mins to mobiles and around 4mb broadband £30 or 32 with 500 mobile mins

Sponsored Links
It is a lottery, if you are in an area that cannot receive Cable, and BT say your local exchange that they cannot do high speed, there is a petition that you can do, to install one (or there was), I think they needed 200 local people to complain, and then they would install high speed ADSL, into the local exchange.

Virgin media customer services in my area, with a distrubution centre down the road from me, are awful. I'm forever on the phone to them about not being able to log on to their site (still can't after a phone call to India last night), slow service, incorrect billing, or faults.

I understand the BT network, allows you to network with neighbours, and use their hub, for your service, if something breaks? Albeit at a slower speed. Similar to how Skype works.

In all probability, if you were called and informed you had won the lottery you would lodge a complaint and run out of time to claim the prize.
Nah, he'd moan his t1ts off at them and demand his Pound back.

In all probability, if you were called and informed you had won the lottery you would lodge a complaint and run out of time to claim the prize.

More abuse. Nice. Why do it, and why aren't you banned?

I made a comment on something. If that means you think I should be banned then you must have more luck than lucky, the lucky 78784 lived cat.

To find out whose broadband you can get, go here and type in your BT number:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

It will tell you who has their equipment in your local exchange.

Sky connect sounds like 3G, which I find crap. It will hijack a mobile network such as O2 or Vodafone to deliver your "broadband". :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back