broadband package????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope ive put this in the right place????

ok peeps need some input plz,my broadband is up in the next 2 months,didnt realize ive just had a phone call from bt to tell me,they have also offered to lower the price by ......wait for it...........2 quid a month rolleyes.gif
now ive got unlimited broadband with them,and am also option 3 anytime for the phone,total price p/month is about £46,i also have the wireless router.
now i realize i maybe shouldve changed ages ago,but better late then never eh,

been taking a look at what sky have to offer and for basically the same price i can get sky t.v./sky talk unlimited and line rental included and wireless router.

anyone with them?

any other decent packages that anyone can recomend???

i know theres loads out there but would like some feed back from peeps.
muchly thanx in advance
gregers

Sponsored Links
I'm with Sky gregers. No probs as far as I'm concerned. Speed is fine most of the time (obviously it depends how far you are from your exchange). I can watch movie streams etc no probs. If there are any technical issues I cannot solve myself then the technical support is free phone for those on Sky Talk. I assume you'll get a Sky+ box which again is a great bit of kit. It has its glitches mind. Every now and then my Sky+ box refuses to respond to the remote. It usually corrects itself after a while but it can be a right pain in the backside. But all in all I'm pretty happy with the package. I'd like to pay less but wouldn't we all?

I expect you'll get some negative responses too but that's what you want in order to make a considered decision. Anyway, hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
Of course Virgin.

I am with Virgin. Have phone, BB and TV with them.

I get

Free calls eve/weekends
10meg BB
XL TV Package (excludes sports and movies)
V+ Box

All for £33 per month.

Tell them your looking at your options, tell them what YOU want, and make them haggle a bit. They might resist at first, but they WILL budge if you mention the S word!

I'm with Sky on their 16MB service, I used to have 20MB with Virgin Media.
I wanted a decent TV package with a good choice of HD channels which VM couldn't provide so I changed to Sky. I didn't want to pay £37 per month to VM for BB so moved that to Sky too.
Best decision I've ever made. You even get a free 4 port wireless modem router!

Also, if you have an O2 mobile , they have good deals for customers, with 20meg ultimate at £15per month
They gave me FREE 8meg broadband, cos im on a £35 online tarrif (but getting it for £25)

So thats unlim txts, 600 mins, phone, home broadband for £25 a month. ;)

talk talk global any time free phone calls local national international any time pay for the usual 0845 0870 and mobiles but all other calls free

includes 8 megs of broadband and 40 somthing download limit

18 month contract £21 a month including line rental

Talk unlimited.
2mb broadband
basic tv package (with theBox)
£21.00 a month for all.

As a sky TV customer I can either get free limited bb, £5pm for 40gb or for £10 completely unlimited downloads at upto 16mb.

AFAIK Virgin do limit downloads & traffic shape, sky don't.

obviously a lot depends upon your closeness to the exchange.

My brother's with Sky for TV/phone/broadband. He's not had any problems as far as I know (apart from them having a blip with his TV - little bloke in India says he must've been watching it abroad (??) and not from England or Wales - we're in Scotland says I - ahh, Scotland - that's not England or Wales - I hung up on him and spoke to a nice Scottish lady the next day)

I'm with Tiscali for my broadband. 8meg unlimited downloads for £15 a month. Speed is fine, not really had any problems. Call centre is in India so if you do have a problem, you're screwed - but if you're lucky, you can sometimes get somebody in this country.

Gregors - The Oct Which did a test of Broadband suppliers. Based on the usual customer reports and contracts. They came out in this order. Best first.

=1. Zen Internet and BE Internet
3. O2
4. Waitrose
5. Utility
=6. Metronet and Plusnet
=8. Madasafish and UK Online and Claranet.
11. Eclipse
12. Nildram
13 Demon
14. Sky
Virgin was 16th, Talk Talk were 18th, BT 19th, Tiscali joint 21st. Worst of all were Orange.

Very surprised at Virgins ranking as I have been with them over 10 yrs for Broadband and have rarely had a problem. :confused:

Virgin suffered from "connection reliability" - poor rating. Only "Fair" for Set-up, Value for money and customer service. Good for connection speed.

Sponsored Links
Back