SmartCom firmware upgrade problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kept getting nagged in connect app to upgrade firmware from 4.04 to latest 4.05 so I did. It seemed to go without any issues.

However, now, the part arm button will not work for either house or garage in the apps home screen. But, interestingly it DOES work when part arming from the "modes" screen.

I think there must have been a minor corruption during the update. How do I redo the update or rollback to previous version? Or any other solutions? I've tried rebooting phone and clearing the app cache but no luck.

Can the Smartcom firmware be flashed from wintex?

Sponsored Links
Everything working perfectly with the Smartcom/connect app apart from the part-arm button on home page. Same on wife's phone too. I've defaulted the Smartcom by removing lid and pressing button 5 times quickly. SmartCom reset but still on updated (corrupt?) firmware. Set SmartCom up again and problem remains.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next?

It's as if the part-arm button isn't talking to the Smartcom.

Seems the only answer is reflash the new firmware again or roll it back to the previous version that worked perfectly.

Help!

Nvm, all sorted now. Update wasn't corrupted after all.

Bizarrely it won't part set from the app if there is no text in the part-arm 1 text field in global options - system text tab.

No idea why but there you go.

Sponsored Links
Lots of things don’t work properly if they don’t have the text assigned to them,

Think done of this has been documented on here before specifically areas, things keep changing though.

Zones in use should have text, areas should have text and so on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back