Smartcom Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a few issues with my Smartcom. For some reason, my router has changed its name so my Smartcom has been disconnected. I’ve come to reconnect and upon entering the Smartcom passphrase when connecting to the smartcom, my iPhone shows “unable to join network” like it would do if the passphrase was incorrect.

Have you seen this happen at all before?

Kind Regards,
Connor.

Sponsored Links
Have to say no, I have never seen such phenomena.

1. if your router has changed its name to something other than the default values of the that specific router i would be concerned about a security breach. Some routers get automatically updated and sometimes some of the settings may have been reset.

2. Not sure I follow you, as to activate the smartcoms ssid you usually have to press the wifi button so the ARH..... ssid shows up and the pass phrase inside the unit the unit can be entered, it is possible you updated this password when you originally set the unit up.

3. default the smart com in accordance with the manual, you should then be able to use the default settings inside the smart com, if you cant you will need to contact Texecom. some time ago it was suggested that some of the details were incorrect, and they are able to check these apparently, not sure how this will be done as according to Texecom they are no longer supporting end users.

If you are able to access the smartcoms ssid then follow the setup for the unit and add the wifi ssid and password as it currently is for your router.

its a good idea to thank using the Thanks or Like options in a post if you find it useful, rather than just saying thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you upgraded the smartcom firmware to version 3 and the panel version to 5.04.01 (grade 2 panels only)

Smart com firmware can be upgraded by placing the engineers code in the app and clicking on the i icon top right.

Panel firmware can be upgraded with a Premier Elite Flasher, or remotely via TCS if you have a version 5.0 or above and a smart com.

We can initialise the remote panel firmware upgrade FOC, however this means we would add you to our TCS, then remove you from the system once complete so we are not charged, this is only available for panels below version 5.04.

Taken from the Texecom Bulletin:-

"For Grade 2 Premier Elite systems installed since June 2019, we recommend upgrading to the latest firmware (V5.04.01), to prevent undue stress to revision 5 1.5A and 2.5A PSUs. The upgrade can be done remotely or at the next service visit. Once updated please program the following:
  1. Change the Battery Test Timer to 0 seconds. (Global Options, System Timers)
  2. Change the Battery Test Period to 0 hours. (Global Options, System Timers)"

PM if this is something you require, whilst the process is relatively easy and quick, it does take some time for it to go through the motions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back