Smarty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mobile.

Is anyone with them?

After my recent experience with Three, I am considering joining.

Prices cheaper than Three and I can set up a recurring payment.

They are Which? recommended.

And now you can request a PAC by text, you don't have to go through a "gatekeeper" to get permission to switch.

Sponsored Links
I've used 3 for a long time but :mrgreen: pay as you go. No complaints. My wife's usage is similar and she did have a cheap contract my son sorted out but not really using what it offered. I had a bit of a problem getting a pure pay as you go card for her.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered giffgaff

pits been around a lot longer than smarty or voxi

We have 3 contracts on Smarty within our household. We're very impressed with them and have had no issues whatsoever. Brilliant coverage unlike my own contract (company supplied phone) which is Vodafone who have diabolical coverage.

Have you considered giffgaff

pits been around a lot longer than smarty or voxi
Yeah, I have a GiffGaff SIM in my phone as a spare, in case Three reception is non existent. But I only put the occasional tenner on. As a PAYG SIM, it's expensive to use but as an emergency SIM, it's OK.

The reason for using Smarty is that they have access to features that other MVNOs don't have, like 5G and WiFi calling. The latter is brilliant, as it will route your calls via WiFi if reception is iffy.

Three appear to be up to their old tricks again.

I tried to get a PAC and got the reply "We're struggling to verify your account", followed by a link to some webpage that has absolutely no relevant information.

A quick look on the interwebby shows others have had the same message.
Apparently, they don't like to let go of customers without a fight....

Yeah, I have a GiffGaff SIM in my phone as a spare, in case Three reception is non existent.

Is this one of those surreal situations where people who really don't understand which 'brand name' supplies their service slags off the very supplier of their service because they are totally unawares of who exactly supplies their service???

I would guess it's Three for my main SIM and O2 for my back-up.

I tried to get a PAC and got the reply "We're struggling to verify your account", followed by a link to some webpage that has absolutely no relevant information.
I never have that problem with Three. Probably done it half a dozen times as I go to an ASDA PAYG sim for a while when mine and Mrs Mottie's 12 month contracts are up and they put the price up. I do it to get a better deal with them plus cashback. Currently paying less than £6 per month for unlimited calls and texts plus 12Gb data.
The reason for using Smarty is that they have access to features that other MVNOs don't have, like 5G and WiFi calling. The latter is brilliant, as it will route your calls via WiFi if reception is iffy.
As I'm happy with Three, I might go with Smarty for a while when my contract is up. Only a monthly contract but with Wifi calling and FREE EU roaming.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back