Smeg Dishwasher DF410W - Anti Flood Reset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

My Smeg Dishwasher DF410W has tripped the anti-flood device - there doesn't seem to be any water in the base (I took out the filter unit and there a little in the very base of the filter housing).

Is there a reset button or is it a repairman job?

I have tried the reset (open the door, switch it off, switch it on and immediately press the program button 4 times within 3 seconds, the two end lights should light up. Press the program button and one of the lights should go off, switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on, switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on and it should be reset) - didn't work.

Any help gratefully received! Thanks.
Jo

Sponsored Links
How do you know it's tripped the anti-flood?
The base is underneath the cavity, not under the filters.
Reset won't do anything if the base is flooded.

Hi Sleepyhead

Thanks for such a quick reply (sorry I had to post and run).

The machine is showing the error code E1 (all five of the programme lights come on and the first one of the four phase lights shows), and the handbook describes this as "the anti-flooding system (if installed) has been tripped".

A small puddle of water (about a cupful) was by the machine.

Jo

OK, flooded base it is.
You'll have to take the inspection plate off the front, under the door/tub.
Drain the water out from the base (under the cavity/tub).
Run it and check to see if it's leaking into the base. If it is, you'll have to identify where it's leaking from and repair.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I'll try that.

Is the inspection plate behind the plinth at the front? I can't see how to remove it.

Yep. that's the one. Can't remember how it's fitted though. You will have to take off the plinth and have a good look at it.

Hi Sleepyhead

It's the plinth I can't see how to remove! It doesn't seem to want to unclip and I don't want to break it.

Cheers - Jo

Sorry, can't remember.
Try lying on the floor and opening the door, may reveal two screw holes.

Hi there

Problem solved (but by the repairman, not me)!

Tipped the machine up to empty out the water in the tank (there was very little in there), and with it tipped at 30 degrees onto its rear feet there is a plastic cover over the base which levers off with a screwdriver - the float switch is then exposed (it's a polysterene cylinder with a microswitch).

Clicked that a couple of times and replaced the cover, plumbed it back in and it's now working fine. It was dry inside the cover so no sign of a leak.

Thanks for all your help.
Jo

Same problem with mine after opening door to stop cycle whilst I was away from the house. Removed the front panel below the door,(after switching the mains supply off), mopped out about a cupful of water which was in the base. Hey presto, fault cleared. The front panel had holes for two screws but they weren't fitted , the panel was released by gently levering two plastic clips in turn whilst pulling the panel away from the machine,
Thanks!

Hi, I have a smeg dwi 710 and it is flashing in the 1st window. I'm guessing anti-flood system. Very small bit of water in tray, dishwasher hasn't been used in some time, I've just moved in. Tipped it 30 degrees, still nothing. When I press in the small yellow tab above the plug thing which I'm assuming is the anti flood device, it makes a whirring noise then stops.

Lost as to what to do, can anyone help. An engineer came out and didn't even look or try, just said it needs renewed.

Thanks,

Matthew

Thanks so much for the online info/advice re tipping my dishwasher to get the water out! It worked!!! 😃😃😀

Once again this web site is worth its weight in gold. Same fault, pulled out dishwasher tipped it up to drain small tank and Bobs your fathers brother, works again. :D

OK, flooded base it is.
You'll have to take the inspection plate off the front, under the door/tub.
Drain the water out from the base (under the cavity/tub).
Run it and check to see if it's leaking into the base. If it is, you'll have to identify where it's leaking from and repair.

Thank you so much Sleepyhead, managed to drain it & get it going again
without waiting for my partner to come home tonight, brilliant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back