Smeg dwi 6120 flood protection system activated.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

just wondering if any one can help me out on this fault or with a service manual for the above.

this alarm is hapening every time i use my dishwasher, the drain tray below the dishwasher fills with water after a couple of uses and I need to tilt it to drain the water out before i can use again

my question is this, is in normal to get water in the tray, should a pump then kick in to drain it away as i can hear some kind of motor running

or is there no overflow type pump and is it just a leak, if so does anyone know the common places to check for a leak

many thanks in advance,

Jon :D

Sponsored Links
You won't get a service manual but you may find some useful info or a user manual here http://www.smeg-service.co.uk/support/index.php?a=1#0 You definitely have a leak & you need to track it down to rectify the issue. A common place to get a leak is the seal assembly on the circulation pump, but it could be a split hose, leaky connection, blocked matrix etc. Most Smeg dishwashers have a removable bottom plate that allows easy access to all major components.

Thanks for the info.

for anyone that has a similar problem, I had a leak on the salt tank it was easyb to access via the rh side panel, the orings in the upper connections were worn and needed replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back