Smeg oven wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The main oven on our new Smeg range cooker has stopped working a couple of weeks ago. The rest of the cooker induction hob and 2nd oven and grill are all fine, just the main oven seems dead. I removed the back panel and disconnected the main element, put a multi-meter across it and there was no continuity, i then checked the working element and this had some resistance so I assumed the element had gone, I also checked the fan while is was there and it seemed very stiff to turn so i ordered a new motor as well. I've just installed them both and still nothing. I've now delved a bit deeper and there seems to be no power at all to the main oven not even the light. The main oven rotary selector switch has loads of cables going to it so without a wiring diagram i'm back to hours of tracing cables. I did manage to trace a live cable from the oven switch to the main live incoming terminal block on the back, that went via what looked like a thermal cut out. There are 2 or theses on each oven, 1 appears to break the live to the main switch the other the neutral. I then tested the 2 on the broken oven and the live one had no continuity and the neutral one did. I then tested the working oven and it was the same, so now i'm none the wiser. I might order a thermal cut out and just try it but Smeg spares and incredibly complicated to order, I've tried 3 websites and they all don't show or list any cut out for my model of oven despite the fact i counted 6. I didn't expect to be repairing a £3000 cooker after only 25 months! I've now been told to avoid Smeg as the build quality is not what it used to be!

Has anyone got any idea where i can get a wiring diagram for a SMEG TR4110?

Sponsored Links
It's a major appliance that is expected to ast more than 2 years so you should be able to claim at least a free repair from the supplier under the Sale of Goods Act quoting that it is not fit for purpose. Most appliances are expected to last around 6-8 years under normal use conditions.
If you contact the supplier don't mention that you have been tinkering with it, put back any original parts and simply say it has stopped working and you would like someone to have a look at it under the above Act. Your first point of contact has to be with the seller, not the importer or manufacturer.

EDIT: Anything on here of any value to you? They do wiring harnesses.

https://www.smegspares.co.uk/category/smeg-suk81mfx5-spare-parts-accessories/1465?page=2

The sale of Goods Act has been superseded by the Consumer Rights Act.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back