Smeg tripping.....no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have a Smeg A1 Opera has gas hob and electric fan oven and plugs into a regular 13amp socket.
Anyway this morning it kept tripping the rcd that covers the whole kitchen whilst trying to cook our Sunday roast.
First off I turned everything else off in the kitchen just leaving the Smeg on and it still tripped the rcd.
I then run the cooker from an extension lead from the hallway and the cooker lit up ok, then realised after about 10 minutes that it was not heating up, the element not getting hot.
In your oppinion has the heating element had it and if I replace the cooker should not trip??

Sponsored Links
In your oppinion has the heating element had it and if I replace the cooker should not trip??

Yes I would think replace the element you mean?

Be careful, too late now for you, running on an extension lead as some don't have an earth connection, may be why it didn't trip rcd, which could make your oven/appliance chassis/casing live when testing

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back