Smell from Drain in conservitory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok we built a conservitory on the back of the house its 1930s building and all the drains appart from toilet go into outside open drains this was the case when we bought the house and its really not been an issue how ever recently theres now a smell from the Drain thats in the conservitory i took up the metal cover we fitted and checked the drain the water isnt clear in there even if i run clear water for a long time from the sink in the kitchen which drains into this drain. can i seal the top as i have u traps on all the appliacnes and the sink the only smell is from the metal covered open drain and what problems could i cause

ive put all sorts of cleaners and rods down the drain and lifted the man hole covers on my drive all free flowing no back logs.

any help with this before i kill the wife for complaining about the smell.

Sponsored Links
Is this a gully or a manhole in the conservatory? If a gully, are you seriously asking why the conservatory smells if its a gully connected to the sewers? If its a manhole it should be the sealed type that does not permit smells.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back