Smell of Rotten eggs coming from Hot Water Cylinder !!!

Corgigrouch, you may have a V.Good point. The system is pretty old and when the heating comes on you can hear the water trying to get through some of the radiators - groans, small clunks etc. It maybe that the pressure is quite high due to an gunk in the system, thus forcing out some onto hot pipes and making the pong.

Sponsored Links
Well I have always thought that the air coming out of radiators when bleeding can be a bit whiffy..a bit like rotten eggs, so it could just be worth checking.

Have you check the header tank, on the off chance the smell maybe coming from there.

If the smell has gone I would still suspect something other than the heating.

Burning a pan handle for example, I think you need to go back over events that led up to the smell the first time

Yep, checked the header tank.

It is definitely coming from the heating system as it only smells when the heating/hot water is on. If left off there is no smell.

Sponsored Links
Ok another stupid idea, baby hasn't had an accident on the carpet that smells when it gets hot.

Had this in an senior citizen hospital when the carpets got wet WoW :LOL:

Not stupid atall. Just this evening she went off on one when we told her it was bedtime - she ****ed her pants, getting herself and the sofa wet !!!
The things kids do for attention!! :eek:

Might be worth checking that your little girl hasnt "posted" anything down a hole.We had this horrible smell coming from my boys room,we eventually found a rotten fish finger under his bed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back