Smelly machine again

I don't know if you read my previous post on this subject some months ago but we had the same problem.
After trying various things we found out that it is a common problem with modern machines which run at low temperatures.
Because of this there is a build up of residual detergents in the machine which cause the disgusting smell.
The solution in our case, which is a bosch washer was to run a high temperature rinse cycle, 90c, in the machine with no washing until no suds appeared in the machine.
After several rinses the smell disappeared and we have had no further problems.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Dont know if this is true, i think it might be. But. Clothes conditioner lenor, comfort etc uses products from the slaughter industry to produce its product. i.e. your rinsing your clean clothes in boiled up dead amimals. Use plant based softeners instead. Such as Ecovert, it stops the soap drawer going black too ! Plus its nicer for the environment.

Mike

Sponsored Links
what, like "I don't know if this is true but I hear that all people from Lanarkshire eat babies and squash hedgehogs"?

It is such a vile suggestion that it should not be made lightly or unless you are sure.

what, like "I don't know if this is true but I hear that all people from Lanarkshire eat babies and squash hedgehogs"?

It is such a vile suggestion that it should not be made lightly or unless you are sure.

That doesnt even quantify a retort, i got the same treatment as thestart of this post, if you cant help civil like dont f@@@@@n bother

you said

ke dont f@@@@@n bother

but you also said

DONT DEMINE that is nothing more than bulling

pot, kettle I think

Personally i dont know about the rset of you on here but i have decided there must be less vile ways of getting an answer to a civil question you dont need to take abuse like that guys in order to get a query answered im off to find a more pleasant forum to ask as this is just beyond beleif, stand up for yourself and do the same move on so these ****s have knowone but themselfs to be vile to as thats all they deserve.

.............move on so these t**t ............

thats is abuse from you.

abuse is a form of bullying

it is not us who are the bullies, it is YOU

I merely pointed out what you had already typed.
It was YOU who has asterisks in their post, not me. You only get those if you swear, swearing is abuse, abuse is bullying

Hi all

Right for the children amongst us, fabric conditioners used to contain tallow oil - rendered down beef or mutton suet !!

There probably is now a chemical alternative used. However i was advised on here by someone else to not use the popular brands because of said animal fat content causing bad odours and black spots/staining on conditioner dispenser drawer.

I have used readily availalbe plant based conditioners - available in all good stores folks ! - and was rewarded with a clean odour free washing machine.

Information on washing detergent and conditioner content is freely available on the internet via most popular search engines, should anyone wish to learn more.

I hope this was helpfull to everyone, good luck with your odour dizzy brunette :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back