smelly room under porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are looking at a nice house, had a cistern at one time. There is a room under a porch that is now a screened in nice porch. This room has a door to the outside and the room smells really bad. Mildew smell to me, my husband thinks that is where the old cister was. The whole house has a sump pump so no water issue except maybe under that part of the porch. Its closed off to the rest of the house but just knowing something that gross is there. Anyway to deal with this. The door does not have a window, so we assume a screen door would help.
thanks

Sponsored Links
You really ought to address the source of the smell rather than just try and get rid of the smell...it could be mould or rot in which case it will need to be treated - ventilation via a screen door may let it dry our but you could then get dry rot in your timberwork.

Hi thanks its all concrete, I think its probably block, has cracks, probablyt he water getting in,

the porch above is also a concrete slab above the room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back