Smoke alarm on own mcb?

We are on about the law, not what I or anyone else would want or not want. We do not matter the law does.

Sponsored Links
We are on about the law, not what I or anyone else would want or not want. We do not matter the law does.
The problem is obviously in finding a way to seek some reassurance that a person we engage to undertake electrical work is competent to do so in the manner required by law. Qualifications (or 'qualifications'!) and membership of trade organisations (and, of course, recommendations - although they may well not come from people who are really able to assess competence) are the main ways we can attempt to do that.

Kind Regards, John

I'm not aware of any organisations insisting on members of a particular electrical trade body because they think the law requires it. They do it as a practical way to assess whether someone is competent enough to be trusted. In those circumstances would you really prefer it if, for example, local councils used taxpayers' money to obtain and verify the qualifications of people when deciding whether or not to accept the certificates they issue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back