Smoke Alarms, Mains Powered and RF Linked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Property has several Battery Smoke Alarms

I Want to upgrage

I understand the building regs for newbuild require mains powered, and interlinked alarms.

I believe I can also wire to ceiling pendants if there is a battery back up in the alarm.

This is easy, but ripping up floors and running trunking between floors in order to interconnecting them is the real difficulty/expense.

I can buy battery powered RF Alarms for interconnectivity, or mains alarms with wired interconnection, but I dont seem to be able to find anywhere that sells Mains Powered Alarms, with RF interlinking, which is by far the most practical for retrofits.

Does anyone know who might sell such an item?

Ideally:

Mains Powered with battery back up, so I can wire to local pendants.
and
RF interlinked so I can autotrigger between floors.

I currently use the 10yr lithium sealed for life units, these can be RF connected, but have separate 1yr batteries for this feature!

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I belive there is a smoke alarm which can be fitted as a direct replacement for a loop in ceiling rose. It is interlinked using RF. If it detects smoke it turns your light on too! Cant remember who make them but i'm sure someone on here will

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back