snapped screws in overboarded ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, following my post last week I've now overboarded my living room ceiling. All went well, the only problem I had was that 3-4 screws snapped when I was trying to tighten them up. They're the black phospahted type, but obviously where the screw has snapped, the bare metal is exposed. I'm worried about this starting to rust after its been plastered over?

I was thinking about smearing a little bit of no-nails over it or something just to seal it form the plaster.....? There's no way i'll be able to get them back out now, but luckily only one protrudes out further than the plasterboard.

What would the pro's do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IMO, once the plaster has dried there will be no more moisture present to cause the screw to rust so shouldn't be a problem.

rust happens over time when continuously exposed to water, true some metals rust quicker than others but i can't imagine that a screw would start to rust just from a single dose of moisture from the skim.

could be wrong of course.

Sponsored Links
The one that's proud hit it in with a hammer then put a new one in about an inch away to hold the ceiling.

Hi rich.

Welcome back Rich',,,,
yep, agree with the guys Mk2phil,,, nothing to worry about.

Roughcaster.

OI OI Rich C!
How's sunny old spain? got yourself some internet then?
Na; the dial up connection was so slow to the point of driving me insane & throwing the PC off the balcony into the pool :evil: so I sun bathed instead :D .

Spain was great as usual & I arrived back home on Monday; but I’m not really sure why I bothered! Same old depressing problems & things seem to be going from bad to worse + crap weather to boot! :cry:

Thanks for the welcome home guys ;) ; forum seems a bit quiet this week, haven’t really had anything much to post on!

NO WAY! back ALREADY! that went far too quickly! but sounds like i don't need to tell you that.

welcome back to the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back