Snow in late March

I

ImayKnow

We are virtually at the end of March and we are snowed in this morning.

What happened to those idiots who were bleating on about global warming a couple of years ago? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Unlike you, they know the difference between weather, and climate change.

Sponsored Links
Global warming does not exist,its just a excuse to get you to pay more tax

Global warming or climate change does exist, but the arguments are

Is it part of a natural cycle, see these two graphs for example (the big scary one everyone posts, compared to one that looks further back).

compare_datasets_new.jpg

Temperature_swings_11000_yrs.jpg

Then there are a whole lot of arguments as to how much Co2 will affect temperatures, some say 1-2c some say up to 8c, the former being something you can ignore, that latter being a little worrying (and some of that warming is based on positive feedback loops from water vapour, which are unproven).

The climate is changing but not at the levels originally expected. Id agree that it was on a natural cycle.

However, snowing in March has nothing to do with it as it is nothing new. Its happened many times before. 1962 and 1987 apparently had the same average temperatures as what we are seeing now in March, and there was also chaos caused by snow because us Brits seem unable to cope.

As a kid I remember trudging through the snow to school. Yesterday over 1000 schools were closed because of it, wtf is that all about?

Possible soey back in those days the teachers lived local. People had jobs close to home.

Nowadays people frequently travel 50 plus miles each way to get to and from work, so they are more liable to be affected by adverse weather.

Our schools were all closed and it didn't start to snow until 6pm.

Our teachers all made it in in the winter of 62/63, no salt grit in those days.

The buses used to go sideways.

Our schools were all closed and it didn't start to snow until 6pm.

Our teachers all made it in in the winter of 62/63, no salt grit in those days.

The buses used to go sideways.

Back then our parents wouldn't have brought legal action against the schools if we'd slipped on our ar.ses though.

We used to make huge slides in the playground. We even had teachers sliding on them.

this is what the argument is about,how the hell can a school be closed when there are perfectly good teachers who live in the area of that school.most if not all have either been cleared under list 99 or had a crb check carried out.
why not make them go to there nearest school and open it up,that way the parents of said kids can try and make there way(if safe to do so)to there places of work.this way the economy can continue at some degree.
how many snow days can you have before the company you work for say enough is enough?.
my youngest(aged 10)few weeks back when we had some snow they shut the school down on a friday EARLY,so the teachers could get home.on the monday when it was REALLY HEAVY they opened it up,then shut it down :confused:
i work in an independent school and everyone in my town was open.unlike the state schools who were closed.

I remember some years back when the first day of the county cricket season was abandoned because of snow. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back