Snow in late March

OOI, would folks mind posting where they live and how much they got hit with?

We had a little on Friday in Stokport, but it's mostly gone. Bitter wind, though.

Sponsored Links
sod all,the only time we get it bad is if it comes over from kent or from the sea,as we are protected by the south downs.
last year WAS VERY BAD FOR US we had about 10 inches.but it hasnt been that bad for years.

North Devon is where I'm at,no snow and don't want the crap either.

Unlike you, they know the difference between weather, and climate change.

It would be unusual if the climate never changed; its just part of the earths' natural cycles.
Any change in the climate has not been caused by man, and neither can we prevent it.

Sponsored Links
Not to cold in Bristol, we've had very little rain, moderate winds and not freezing.

Global warming does not exist,its just a excuse to get you to pay more tax

You are correct in stating that global warming does not exist. But you imply it is some sort of (government?) plot to get us to pay more tax.

Instead, the government has been swept along by green pressure groups
and ministers seriously believe this nonsense.

Global warming does not exist,its just a excuse to get you to pay more tax

You are correct in stating that global warming does not exist. But you imply it is some sort of (government?) plot to get us to pay more tax.

Instead, the government has been swept along by green pressure groups
and ministers seriously believe this nonsense.

And what exactly are the government doing,,,,, if not raising taxes because of pressure from the green brigade???
Just for starters, they allow electricity producers to charge more for electricity, to subsidise, alternative power generation. The government can claim (quite legitimately) that this isn't a tax, but when the likes of you and me are subsidising electricity costs for those few who can afford to invest in green energy, I for one can't see it as anything else than a tax. (by alternative power generation, think solar panels/ windmills, etc , etc) We the ordinary consumer, are paying for these, not the end user/generation company)

It makes me laff. Scientists all over the world agree there is climate change due to CO2 - yet a bunch of builders on a forum know it's rubbish. How do you know this guys? Or is it something you heard at the pub? :mrgreen:

Snowed this time last year - had a great easter Saturday walk in the brecons through what was left of it.

Remember some time ago a county cricket match with 'snow stopped play', think it was in June.

Sponsored Links
Back