Snowcrete Render - Top coat only

Sponsored Links
Thanks John, just found out that k rend is 12 a bag, and requires a bag per m sq....so puts it out of my price range for an option.

Cheers
Andy

You can get it for as cheap as £8.50 + VAT as far as cost is concerned K-Rend and other "monocouche" renders can be applied and finished a lot quicker than s&c render (time is money) I would say it only cost about 15-20% more than s&c and painting, and finally K-Rend is a far superior product that s&c rendering, its very rare that you will see s&c on site now

Ive seen it rubbed back with a gang nail plate trowel myself, and hand applied by trowel, never done it myself though, I was unsure if it could be troweled up wet but now I know, thanks :D

Thanks John, just found out that k rend is 12 a bag, and requires a bag per m sq....so puts it out of my price range for an option.

Cheers
Andy

You can get it for as cheap as £8.50 + VAT as far as cost is concerned K-Rend and other "monocouche" renders can be applied and finished a lot quicker than s&c render (time is money) I would say it only cost about 15-20% more than s&c and painting, and finally K-Rend is a far superior product that s&c rendering, its very rare that you will see s&c on site now

As I'm intending to do the render myself the time cost factor isn't really an issue for me, so I see the k-rend solution as being much more expensive given one bag of snowcrete and 5 bags of sand with cover rougly 6 times the area for the same material costs.

I'm not in the trade, so can't comment about frequency of k-rend use vs s&c, but s&c has been used for years and passed the test of time so it's good enough for me.

Sponsored Links
I'd go with a mono render or a simple s/c two coat render and put a thin coat render over the top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back