so fed up with diy now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya thought id post about all the work me n my boyfriend have taken on we've just moved into my dads old house that hasn't been decorated for years so you can imagine the state its in thick in gloss, covered in channel lining,1st job was livingroom/dinette knocked down the partition wall to make it a complete room get walls skimmed,rip off all skirtings including stupid ones at top of wall next to ceiling which behind uncovered big gap where plaster doesn't reach the top next we wallpapered walls and ceiling not thinking that we would have to put plaster coving up before wallpapering to cover the nasty gaps so now trying to put up polystyrene which just isn't working we're not that stupid haha but just cant get the cuts right and gaps at bottom,neway we gave up and started the kitchen ripped out everything from floor to roof prepared all walls for new kitchen going in , built up all units put them in place, cut worktop, fitted it , and fixed sink and tap(snapped 1st tap) then realised we never put back panels on argh !!!!
so i cut of a small piece of the back panel and punched them into place it worked haha. Next was tiling kitchen floor that went easy and looks lovely 1st thing to go right , papered the walls still got little bit of tiling to do under cooker hood but loving it 1st kitchen we've done n well worth the time n thought that went into it.
next my wee girls room had polystyrene tiles on roof took them off to find sagging ceiling had been previously damp from broken roof tile so had to get new ceiling put up by plasterer and plaster coving to hide they stupid skirting things again papered room in lilac n dora the explorer border looks gorgeous bearing in mind me n boyf are sleeping on sons floor all this time NIGHTMARE so time to start stripping our room started about 4 layers of paper on walls took absolute ages so eventually it was off but walls were in mess so we put up lining paper n father in law started painting for us god he was slow think he done a square metre a day lol im ungrateful i know neway eventually gets done n get carpet laid and we're now in own room. Gave up for couple of weeks needed a stressfree day for once so today we start again on the skirtings in livingroom dinette we get them all in back garden stain them all gave them a while to dry a bit then boyf thought he'd try n put 1 on got stain on wallpaper and think the wood has warped the skirting looks like a banana from the side got from b n q which is stored up right plus doesn't help the matter we've had it upright for couple o weeks so we gave up again for another day until we get the willpower to do nemore we've still got a bathroom that is covered from floor to ceiling in channel lining to do and a massive hall n stairs n a really big garden that is out of control anybody feel sorry for me yet ????

TO BE CONTINUED .................................

Sponsored Links
TO BE CONTINUED ................

Sure, looking forward to that, but could you please type more . and add some hard returns to create paragraphs in it?

Does wonders for your readers' attention span ;)

Sponsored Links
well Lindsay2301 it all takes time sounds and looks like you have been very busy but you got lots of time to do it all don,t try to everything at once you will sicken your self .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back