Soakaway System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I'm trying to install a small soakaway system and I'm looking for help as to which are the correct products to use.

I've been reading this guide and I've managed to figure out how many crates I will need.

I've been looking into buying these crates as they seem easiest to fit given their sizes: https://www.easymerchant.co.uk/aquacrate-soakaway-crate-attenuation-cell/

I'm installing it on a farm premesis, and they may be machinery etc that could run over the system. Will a 20 tonne load rating be okay?

Also is this the correct type of pipe to use with this system? https://www.easymerchant.co.uk/100mm-perforated-land-drain-coil-x-25m-black/

Or will I need sewer pipe like this? https://www.easymerchant.co.uk/110mm-3m-single-socket-underground-sewer-pipe/

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the supplier can't help you, I don't know. Have you asked them?

What is the soakaway system for - land drainage or connection to rainwater system from buildings?
Type of ground?
Location, volume and depth of crates?

Unusual for a farm to b'gger about with soakaways - unless it's an ex farm house ;)

Sponsored Links
What is the soakaway system for - land drainage or connection to rainwater system from buildings?
Type of ground?
Location, volume and depth of crates?

Thanks for the reply, it's for a drain from a new grain store to not overload the current drainage system.

Ground seems like decent soil with low clay.

I'll try contacting the suppliers also but I always worry they'll be "selly" and not always give good information.

Appreciate the replies.

You could have an inlet and outlet so if the soakaway was ever overloaded any excess could run off into the drains.

You would use the solid pipe rather than the perforated.

If your expecting some weight over then you can put them in deeper to give more ground above, the minimum is 300mm I think. I would triple the membrane on the top.

You could have an inlet and outlet so if the soakaway was ever overloaded any excess could run off into the drains.

You would use the solid pipe rather than the perforated.

If your expecting some weight over then you can put them in deeper to give more ground above, the minimum is 300mm I think. I would triple the membrane on the top.

Thanks so much Ian. Appreciate the advice.

For farm machinery you’ll need 65 tonne crates, they should be about £25 more per crate and as Ian said you’ll be using the solid pipe. If you have already purchased the 25T crates then you’ll need a metre between the crate and the surface. Don’t be afraid to overdo the membrane and wrap the whole thing up like a Xmas present.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back