Surface drain to soakaway 60mm perforated pipe

13 Jan 2010
Reaction score
Isle of Wight
United Kingdom

I am resurfacing am existing hard standing area with block paving, previously it had been concrete, and adding surface channel drains some of which feed into a soakaway.
Dose any one know of a sensible way of connecting a 110mm pipe that comes from the channel drain to a 60mm perforated flexible pipe. I could cut up one of the flexible pipe’s multi size Y junctions to get up to 100mm, then use a flexible rubber joint with jubilee clips to connect on to the 110mm.
Can you suggest anything better?

Am I correct in understanding that modifying existing paved areas that still drain into a combined sewer system do not require planning permission?
By adding the soakaway at the back of the house I have diverted about 40% of the total catchment area that previously when into the combined sewer system, into the new soakaway.
I can’t use a soakaway at the front of the house because it’s only 3.5m from the house to the pavement, and the run is too long to get the run off to the back of the house.

Sponsored Links
Most manufacturers make reducers in a range of sizes - or if not the exact size they make universal ones with flexible collars. Probably wouldn't get it in B&Q though. You'd have to go to a more specialist supplier. Travis or somebody like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links