Socket tripping RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks,

Need help i have a double socket in the kitchen,

one on the right goes bang if you plug something in and switch it on it basically blows the appliance plug fuse and now the one on the left if i plug the dishwasher in it runs for a while and then trips the fuse where as if i plug the dishwasher into another socket it runs fine.

is this a fault with the socket and it needs a new one or could i have a bigger problem.

kind regards.

Sponsored Links
Hi, faulty socket or loose wiring. STOP using it NOW and get an electrian to check and replace the socket ASAP.

(y) DS

Just to mention if i plug the microwave into that same socket that trips the dishwasher it works fine, seems it only trips under high load due to the dishwasher.

Sponsored Links
Could be almost anything, could be loose, damaged conductor, could be faulty contacts on socket, could be the MCB is under rated for circuit.
What do you mean by appliance plug fuse?
If you mean the fuse in the plug of the appliance, then you should be thinking of a damaged/loose flex or a faulty appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back