Socket under the floor in downstairs toilet

Well, yes, I imagine we all noticed those two - however (again, I suspect, like yourself), I had, perhaps naively, assumed that the white flex 'disappeared off' somewhere and had nothing to do with the socket and T+E.
I assumed nothing of the sort - I assumed (still do) that it's a spur from that socket.
Oh, I see. To be calling it a 'spur' presumably means that you must be assuming that it originates from a ring final?
And I'm pretty sure it's round flex.
As I've just written,that remains my suspicion.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Well, yes, I'm obviously familiar with that, since it (and it's brother/sister) is, AFAIAA the only (at least, the only 'fully built' - we're still not sure about Wagoboxes!) MF JB - but what I wasn't sure about is whether they are 'MF-rated' for flex? I'll have to check.
Not familiar enough. :)

Yes, they are. That's why I posted it.

To be calling it a 'spur' presumably means that you must be assuming that it originates from a ring final?
No.
How do you define a 'spur' from a radial circuit, then? If there is one feed to a particular point in a radial circuit, and two cables heading off 'downstream' from that point, which of those is a continuation of the radial circuit and which is the 'spur'? (I don't know what others do - but, in view of that, I usually only speak of 'branches' of radials).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Well, yes, I'm obviously familiar with that, since it (and it's brother/sister) is, AFAIAA the only (at least, the only 'fully built' - we're still not sure about Wagoboxes!) MF JB - but what I wasn't sure about is whether they are 'MF-rated' for flex? I'll have to check.
Not familiar enough. :) Yes, they are. That's why I posted it.
Fair enough - I'll take your word for it, then! I suppose I was really wondering what BS5733 (rather than the manufacturers) has to say about this - but, not having access to it, I can't really ascertain!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back