socket wiring in utility room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there is a spur off ring main into old outhouse, that i have converted into a utility room.but i want to add more sockets.is it ok to ring added sockets from this spur round the utility room and back into another house socket,therefore extending the ring main?
cheers
ian

Sponsored Links
It's not quite as simple as that.
If you do what you suggest then you would have to remove a section of the existing ring which runs from where your spur originates from to where the extended loop returns otherwise you would have a ring final with interconnects.

cheers garymo,think understand what you mean.so if i isolate the connection between the spur socket, and the socket i want to connect the utility room ring into,everything should be okay?
cheers
ian

Yes, it should be assuming the existing ring final has been correctly connected.
Obviously you would need to select a socket for the return path that's just before or after the socket where the spur leaves so you don't lose any existing sockets.

Sponsored Links
yeah,its the next socket along bud..thanks very much for your help.thats my sunday sorted then!! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back