Sockets for dishwashers and washing machines

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine is next to my sink and is freestanding. It's also very deep, so I've decided in my wisdom, to put a socket outlet in the cabinet that houses the sink. I've put it in the corner so as not to be too close to the plumbing and the flex appears via a 45mm hole in the cabinet. Someone has told me that you can't fix sockets to the carcass only the actual wall, is this true?
I'm also thinking of fitting an instant hot water unit to provide boiling drinking water at the sink. This also requires power and as the unit is designed to be fitted under the sink, I'm using the same outlet as the washing machine for the power. Does this conform to regs?
Please help :?:

Sponsored Links
Building Regs Guide states that accessories must be fixed to the fabric of the building. Whether or not you consider a fixed kitchen unit to be part of that fabric is your call!

A double socket is rated at 13A. With you WM and WH going together, there is potential for overload. Assuming the socket is on the ring, just replace it with 2 x 1G socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back