sockets moved

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have had a twin outside socket fitted and some sockets moved in the bedroom should i have recieved some kind of certification for these
in case i sell the house one day and they ask for some kind of paper work ?
also can any one recomend any good outdoor solar powered lighting
many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Hello i have had a twin outside socket fitted and some sockets moved in the bedroom should i have recieved some kind of certification for these
in case i sell the house one day and they ask for some kind of paper work ?

Due to the addition of the outdoor socket this work is notifiable, so you should receive a copy of the relevant paperwork from your electrician. In any case, he should at least be able to provide you with a copy of the test results.

also can any one recomend any good outdoor solar powered lighting
many thanks :)

Such a thing doesn't exist.

To expand. You should have received a Minor Works Certificate for each job. This will confirm that the work has been done to a relavent standard (usually BS7671) and will confirm the test results.

Also your electrician should have notified the scheme he is registered with that he has complted the works and that it is notifiable. The scheme provider will advise the Local Authority and you should get a Certificate of Compliance from the scheme provider.
It looks like this:

Your electrician should appear here: www.competentperson.co.uk

If you havent had the proper paperwork you should firstly chase the spark and give him/her reasonable time to do it. Then you can raise the issue with his/her scheme provider.
If he isnt registered then he should not have done the (outside socket) and complain to the local authority.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back