Sofabed replacement springs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a sofabed which has been stored and the springs which tension the bed base have gone rusty. They're on three sides of the bed base - see image below. I want to replace them. Any idea where I can buy some more? They're very strong, about 75mm long, and I need 34 of them.

Sponsored Links
i would suspect the only economical way would be to find a similar mechanism from a scrapped bed settee and replace the springs/mechanism whole

Remove and drop in a bucket with rust remover [available from car spares shops]and then spray with wd40 before replacing.No need to change.

Looking at your photo anta I would say we have the same model of Argos sofa bed (or at least the same internal mechanism). We have experienced the same issue, and although our spare room has no other evidence of dampness the springs are very badly corroded. I have treated them to try and inhibit further oxidation, however some have almost rusted right through. Did you have any success in finding replacement / higher quality springs? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi Jofnan, I have recently experienced the same problem as you and anta and was wondering if you managed to find a company that sold the springs? I am going to try rust remover from Halfords tomorrow and then possibly dip the springs in a galvanizing paint that my brother, who is a fencer has suggested i use to protect them from further rust, obviously to replace them would be the easier option. [/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back