Soffit vents

Sponsored Links
Hi i can vaguely remember being told a spacing of about 600mm, its a very simple job that can be done off of a ladder however i would try to find where the rafters/joists run and avoid like the plague.

tools required: hole drill to the correct measurement, a ladder and a good head for hights.

Regards, Dan

The simple answer is equally spaced probably one between each pair of rafters. The technical answer depends on the open air area of the vent.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice

Steve - I had issues with condensation in my attic last year.

I had someone round to inspect the attic and make sure that the insulation was pulled back from the edges of the loft. They said it was and also noted that the main condensation was nearer the top of the roof.

I had a look though and I can't see much light at the edges where the ridge tiles are. So my thinking is that this doesn't seem like an expensive/difficult job so I have nothing to loose by adding more vents.

You can see the ridge tiles on this photo attached.
(ignore the arrows they are pointing to something else)

I've also cut down on the moisture I create in my house and I'm planning on getting an extractor fan in the bathroom. I'm hoping after all this my condensation issues will go and I won't need to get a roofer in to add tile vents.

If what I'm about to do is bad idea let me know though

Cheers

I would have thought that potentially it could lead to problems in the winter, potentially pipes could freeze?

Just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back