Soffits and fascias cladding cost down South

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just got a quote of £1,650 for cladding the soffits and facias on a small 3 bedroom end terrace. So three sides and two corners. The side would probably require a small tower scaffold, as the gable is quite high, and restricted angle using ladders.

This sounds a lot for just over cladding?

Thanks,
KP

Sponsored Links
Yup, but not many doing it, so they can get away with it; but I've seen worse prices than that. As always, get some more quotes, and haggle them off against each other.

End of terrace, Gable Not three sides in reality. Restricted access High gable, Small tower?? ladder angle restricted. Ask around more but doing the job probably wont be fun. so will not be cheap

I guess getting the wood replaced with plastic, rather than capping with upvc, would increase the cost a lot too?

Sponsored Links
Yes , There is likely to be knock ons ..when the barge boards are removed The roof verges are likely to suffer .
These will need re bedding assuming its a tiled roof, If its slate then again damage could occur
The gable end is a scaffold job really.

They might be including the scaff costs which are not cheap

Just got mine done. The soffits took them a long time as every board was of a different length. Access was difficult too, but they managed with ladders and a Youngman. Two men in 2.5 days, so it's really labour you are paying for.

@chris1982 if I don't mind me asking, what did it cost you?
Hard to say as they also replaced the garage roof, but I think if they had broken it down, if would have been around the figure you have been quoted. But ours is a small link detached house, so one more gable wall with barge boards and having to work around the neighbours car port.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back