software for capping tenants using Broadband exesively

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have rooms letted out and the students are using up all the allowance. is there any software i can use to reduce the usage per person?

thanks

Sponsored Links
650-Waterproof-Combat-Boot3.gif

perhaps having your own line may work and let them suffer iff they overload there link for example virgin cable b/b and another via the phone
it will be difficult to police as you dont know who is using the band width

Actually it's very easy to see who's using it. Preventing them from doing so, however, is another matter entirely.

Sponsored Links
sorry i let me explain exactly my issue

i have a house that is indivudal rented out. and they all use bb and suddenly they call me to say bb isnt fast anymore.

i said its because you have used too much badnwidth., so is it posible to restrict each one of them/?

If they are paying for their own broadband, then it's up to them to take it up with their ISP's. If you are paying for it then more fool you. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Are you using a domestic BB connection and then splitting it for commercial gain contrary to the usage agreement?

Software is available, but obviously you can't put software on the individual computers. Routers with IP restrictions are available.

i said its because you have used too much badnwidth., so is it posible to restrict each one of them/?

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Not without some decent equipment and a capable network engineer.

Tell them to either apply some common sense, or pay for extra allowance.

Sponsored Links
Back