Soil and waste removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I’m currently mid garden redevelopment and I have a fair amount of waste (bagged soil), wood, concrete, general garden waste (see photo). I am soon to start excavating the area shown by the yellow boundary and am looking for micro diggers and dumpers etc. what is the best way to get rid of the current waste and the soil from:the excavation? Skip, muck away or something else?

Any recommendations appreciated,

Ed

IMG_7309.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Best way as in easiest, or cheapest?

If you can sort it out you might be able to get rid of a lot of it for free on gumtree etc

Soil for infill
Stone/bricks/concrete for soakaways/rubble/infill
Wood potentially for burning
Anything else fill your wheely bin every week

Thanks! Yes I have managed to get rid of 50+ bags of soil already but I'm really looking for a way of getting rid of a lot of it in one go and I will have about 6.5m³ of soil once I excavate the area in yellow.

Sponsored Links
Serious question.
How have you managed to get anything done out there surrounded by that lot?
I honestly couldn't work in that clutter. Too much chance of accidents happening and the attraction of vermin.

Grab lorry would be cheapest but this would be classed as a load of mixed rubbish and thus will command a premium.

I do recall a few years ago, helping a mate build a log cabin. We had a 12(?) yard skip. The supplier warned us that if it was full of earth, they wouldn't be able to lift it and would make us partially empty it and charge us for a second skip.

In that respect, as mentioned above, a grab lorry might be better.

AFAIK, heavy loads should only go into a 8 yd skip if a standard skip lorry is being used.

Serious question.
How have you managed to get anything done out there surrounded by that lot?
I honestly couldn't work in that clutter. Too much chance of accidents happening and the attraction of vermin.
Haha, yes good question.

Well it's been a while. I'm a DIY'er with no prior building experience. Youtube (and forums) are my friend. The project started during covid when I left lots of time and not so much money. Not even enough to get a digger in so it's all been dug by 1 hand! I've planned the project so that I'll do a bit here and there. The other half of the garden is complete (can't see it here). I started by building the wall when there was nothing around and then moved onto the patio and fence/pergola. A lot of what is there is materials and the rubbish I have accumulated during the builds. I've actually managed to get rid of a lot of soil free by people taking it. It's taking a long time but I'm learning lots and I think for a first time amateur I'm doing alright :) If I did it again I would have a pretty good idea of making things quicker and better.

But....the time has come to clean it up as I want to start working on the bottom section. I hate having to pay for something with nothing to show for it though like getting rid of waster

E

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back