Soil pipe adapter- 4" to 3"

M

marsaday

Hi

I have a toilet which i think needs an adapter for the soil stack. It is currently 3" and i need to make it 4" so we can plumb this toilet in.

The previous owner just pushed the toilet connector onto the 3" pipe, not into it.

What product do i buy for this.

Also the pipe is a touch low and i need to bring it up or the toilet downwards. I know i cannot do these things but wondered if there was another pan connector out there.

View media item 36470 View media item 36471

Sponsored Links
What I think is required is not made; a number 10 offset.
The closest is the number 7 offset, but I think it will be too big for the soil pipe.

I might be wrong. What is the ID of the soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
I think the pipe is 3", but i havent measured it. I will have to get down the merchants tomorrow.

So i cant buy a convertor which will make the soil pipe 4" then ?

You can get an 82x110mm reducer, all the plastics manufacturers make them. Will probably have to go to a merchants, not something the sheds will stock.

I'd be wary though of reducing behind the pan like that, you're introducing a pinch point there that could well cause problems..... Where does the soil pipe go from there?

Personally i'd change at least up to and including junction and connection to pan to 110mm then. Gives you opportunity to realign the section through the wall to line up to pan outlet, and removes the restriction on the 82-110mm reduction. It may work on the 3" pipe but when you've a pan full of **** to try and clear then you realise perhaps it doesn't! :confused:

Vent section above the junction can be retained in 82mm if you prefer.

I think there are Multikwiks which do this. You will maybe need an offset and a reducer.

All soil pipes in the USA are 3". This may have something to do with the calibre of the people!

Personally i'd change at least up to and including junction and connection to pan to 110mm then. Gives you opportunity to realign the section through the wall to line up to pan outlet, Vent section above the junction can be retained in 82mm if you prefer.
Indeed - I`ll bet there is some 4 inch hidden somewhere - that was probably a connection for an old 1930`s pan - seen a couple in 30 years ;) outlets are low down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back