soil pipe base loose

S

sammoseley

Hi
took down a cast iron soil pipe to replace most of it with plastic apart from bottom section. when I had removed most of it I found the bottom section which I previously assumed was solid moved around a bit where it hits the ground (which is about 2' of concrete). It won't pull out, but moves up and down by a couple of inches. Concrete is right up to it so can't see anything.
I've no idea whether it's always been like that, just held together by the rest of the stack above, or whether I caused it when I dismantled the rest of it.

Anyone any idea whether this is OK or something wrong underground meaning I need to start breaking up the concrete to investigate ?

Cheers
Sam

Sponsored Links
if the water is getting away and theres no smell id say it would be ok.

cheers chukka, time will tell if theres any smell as only done it today!
I was worried about the clay having been broken underground but can't really see how i would have managed to do that so fingers crossed its OK.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back