Soil pipe behind sinks pedestal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I currently moving my bathroom around and i need to route my soil waste pipe behind my new sink pedestal. What is the minimum clearance i will need? The pedestal will be 5" max off the wall.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So that should give me enough clearence. Will it make it too awkward to run the hot and cold pipes and the sink waste to the sink?

Shouldn't be too much of a problem with water pipes as these are generally run up and hidden in the U shape of the pedestal.

Are you connecting the sink waste into the soil pipe at the pedestal or taking it down below the floor? and connecting into the soil stack outside?

Sponsored Links
You'll be connecting into the top of the soil pipe then??

Are you boxing the soil pipe in or leaving it exposed?? Just curious

yes, hopefully! i will be boxing the soil pipe in. The bathroom is at the front of the house and i don't want to have the soil stack at the front of the house, hence the moving it inside. The job is made more awkward by the fact the previous owners had an extension built and the stack now lies between the old and new part of the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back