Soil pipe cracked above convervatory roof - best way of repairing

Looks naff to me - why didn't they use a soil pipe (slip coupler etc) to repair it. I'm not even sure those flexible couplings should be used above ground -are they UV stable?

Sponsored Links
No idea, he did tell me that the repair bits would be a in black as thats all Homeserve stock but I just wanted it done so went ahead with it.
If this is going to give me problems maybe I should get back on the phone to them.

Right now I have no idea how to get all that algae green crap out of the panel without taking the panel out.

Last edited:
OM1wXIgs_lyZOtDV68IId72ypHjbrqGrExuPQuFAmoSvCO1bQzpUi8QJFQChgwTdcGPo4e5FqlZ_H18BIvqMIDXW-uOzSJHG-bk4SLpjQD7UG9VUEy4DI7SEPZ5qZp-nXb17v-VrfKR1zR4iASMey71x4O7X-b9jv_6b6ughCwDdY07k44XffiIKCFMnv6Hj6ddDTcBBARDy79lty02mbQ9Pocfy0lx_tpmyXqzQwjnXEnDX6kJ1jhFzofzzFvgjX5FUmU9t9JmOplm1Psg9TLZ5gYDstR38c0wnU7CabG2Xn4DmaIu8q4BDEbpRedOhMzBgXyqP_0gk_GMRb2FMZ1sJh82yAVam1Tbh7tTQsmIkW907AC-poYk1gyTdctKgtywsinOnjW3mOuhi-D-qZBBtFV2bgEQ2CXrvG02xYVq_plD6XJZxWq7ijU2p4y9vRsKXem01sCMNn5rPcNFYvefmzY0_BQAvYKNqT8lbK1TfeG7R7GNTszELaga9mtDsO4o8NUjue-_JWurX8sL-2LOdeMEuABVMDb4-5BE7CP-qhFy0C8KdqipQMruGqO5rpEt4tW03fwrX6qY6ymyG4hfXhIGEOf4tSTXAeHjh=w520-h923-no

Sponsored Links
Thanks Foxhole. Im pretty annoyed as they should have sorted it properly.

Can you let me know what I need to tell them to get them back out to do it right. Really appreciate your help as i would be lost without the advice on here :)

Thanks

v5VrnDt.jpg

UePVN5Y.jpg

Last edited:
And can anyone advise about the green algae thats sandwiched in the panel nearest to the leaky soil pipe.
Will this whole panel need replacing or would it be possible to take out, clean and refit?

l45i0bd.jpg

Looking at the line of the waste pipe against the brickwork - it's going uphill ! No way to clean that mould without getting @ the inside of the panel - could've been done when the pipe was out. A decent plumber could have sorted the lot by re locating the wastes and leaving a clear section of pipe through the roof. And made a lead slate to the pipe while he was at it :(

Im on the phone to them, im going to get them to send someone out to rectify the mess they have made.
What do I tell them? 2 slip couplers instead of the ugly black rubber things?

And I can have a go at cleaning that panel myself when that soil pipe is out again

No idea, he did tell me that the repair bits would be a in black as thats all Homeserve stock but I just wanted it done so went ahead with it.
If this is going to give me problems maybe I should get back on the phone to them.

Right now I have no idea how to get all that algae green crap out of the panel without taking the panel out.
Home serve would not stock anything, they pop down the local plumbers merchant like your plumber would.If you have a scanner app on your phone you could scan the labels and it might tell you where they purchased.

Last edited:
Im on the phone to them, im going to get them to send someone out to rectify the mess they have made.
What do I tell them? 2 slip couplers instead of the ugly black rubber things?

And I can have a go at cleaning that panel myself when that soil pipe is out again
You only need one slip coupler the other could be fixed.You could try a long bottle brush up the roof panel with a touch of bleach to clean .
Or strips of 'J' cloth pinched in the end of a wire coat hanger cut to size.

Thanks for the tips about cleaning, im definately going to give them a go and hopefully should come up ok.

I found a label on the rubber coupler inside the conservatory, its this thing, :

f3256b6f-51f1-401b-953f-c53a83889fb6.png

So only the outside rubber joint needs swapping to a slip coupler, and the one on the inside of the conservatory is ok?

Here is a pic of the inside of conservatory. Its a bit fatter than before so im concerned about when it all gets boxed back in if means the box is going to have to be a few mm out as well:

rphzMJm.jpg

You could put a slip socket on both. It will do the same as the dc115 but look neater. You would normally use the dc115 if you were connecting pipes of different sizes together like plastic to cast iron.

I think he put too much glue on the boss connector and it went to his head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back