Soil pipe distance query/saniflo - help for a novice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

So basically just trying to do up a bungalow which has had an extension added in the 1970s which is approximately 36 inches lower than the existing build where the soil pipe and waste drainage is.

The extension has a shower room with wc which currently utilises a saniflo system, as this area is to be for guest use only it's not a problem as such until you consider power cuts, ill-informed guests flushing bits n bats they shouldn't etc.... so want to consider the option of removing said system.

If it stays - it will need a new saniflo which I gather would cost around £500?

what works would be needed to create a "run" to the main soil pipe? Can it even be done? and rough ballpark idea on cost? Thinking if it's even double the saniflo cost it would be worthwhile to do.

The area a pipe would run is just garden/soil at present, the existing house is floorboard and empty cavity beneath where most of the pipes etc run.

The 1970s extension is concrete slab flooring so no digging there, but may be able to take the pipe out through existing hole where the saniflo "sends" the waste.

will try to include some photos and a floor plan to give an idea

thanks in advance folks.

Attachments

• received_2624798214411343.jpeg
    received_2624798214411343.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 439
  • 91861_GLA0002855_FLP_01_0000_max_600x600.jpg
    91861_GLA0002855_FLP_01_0000_max_600x600.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot_2018-03-22-16-30-29.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-22-16-30-29.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 347
Sponsored Links
Morning, Saniflo engineer here and I tell people to go mains if they can so like the fact that you are looking into it. For the record that one you have is one of the cheapest and noisiest and is incorrectly installed.

has anyone got any experience of removal of saniflo or indeed just a first fit experience of this type of extension and running pipe to elevated ground soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
Pipe to the drains is the wrong size.
Ahh benefits of knowledge there...I just look and think what a bloody mess !

I have a feeling this is going to be expensive on an already limited budget...teach me to think I can be all Sarah Beeny and start doing up houses....good job I like baked beans...!

Ahh benefits of knowledge there...I just look and think what a bloody mess !

I have a feeling this is going to be expensive on an already limited budget...teach me to think I can be all Sarah Beeny and start doing up houses....good job I like baked beans...!
Agree it could look a lot nicer with coving over the incoming pipes and simple boxing around/ over the pump however looking again there may be a second point re poor installation concerning the run of the outlet pipe.

Agree it could look a lot nicer with coving over the incoming pipes and simple boxing around/ over the pump however looking again there may be a second point re poor installation concerning the run of the outlet pipe.

I think whoever did it was a very basic diyer....

I have no skills except researc and the ability to worry n fret infinitely

Just the pipes which run out of the extension along toward the soil pipe on the back wall...obviously the waste is propelled along to that and that soil pipe disappears vertically into terrafirma.

Have to locate the septic tank...next job...get someone to find n empty it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back